The countdown seemed to going quickly in late May, early June. Now that it is closer than it has ever been, time has slowed to a snail's pace. I am ready to retire, but tonight I was awake wondering what that will really mean. Especially since I spent the weekend with my aged and ailing parents. 30 years from now that will be me. Will I be healthy? Not unless I take a drastic step now. Why have I not taken that step? I simply don't have the energy. Everytime I get started a new block comes between me and my health. Will I be able to do something about it in a month? I hope so, but the latest thing that got in the way was helping care for my parents. It took every ounce of energy I had and it was over 100 degrees and that made me hang up hopes for any outdoor exercise since I wasn't in the right place for indoor exercise. Sigh. Aging isn't fun and now I am worried that retirement won't be either.
Comments