Life Took Me

I am watching the complete Northern Exposure series. It's hard to believe the show went off in 1995. I can still...ney, I can NOW relate more to the premise of the show than ever (with the exception of the stain put on the state by Sarah Palin). I fancy myself as a Holling-esque character. His character has fought Jesse the Bear, mourned the life he didn't have, celebrated his life with a much younger spouse, and found the passion he thought he left behind by going out there and finding it again. I admire Holling and I don't know what it is that makes me relate to a 60+ man who lives in nowhere Alaska and runs a bar. Maybe it's his waxing philosophical about moonshine and taking "shots" at birds through a camera. Or maybe it's that he bought a star once...and so did I. "I didn't take life Chris. Life took me." season 3, Holling Vincouer bemoans his approach to life at age 63.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Girl in Retirement

Glinda the Good Witch turns 49

Time Draws Near