A Countdown
Yesterday I restarted the countdown to July 31, 2012. In 202 days I will join the ranks of the retired. Many thoughts fill my head as I consider this stage in my life.
1. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like age-wise, but, I do not feel "old" enough to retire.
2. Even though I don't feel old enough to retire, I am certainly ready for the next stage of my life. I feel as though I've been in a cocoon since about age six and am just now ready to be the butterfly I was meant to be. I've been ultra successful at my work, but, my work has NEVER felt like home. I'm looking to find my home.
3. Travel is definitely part of the plan. I want to meet the interesting people I've met online in "real life." For the most part, I feel like the people I know virtually know more about that butterfly I am than the people I've known all my life.
4. I miss journaling. I'm more into images than words right now though so I don't anticipate drastic changes in that regard.
5. My SO (haha I just realized his initials are also SO) is significantly younger than I am. I wonder how he feels being married to someone old enough to retire. I don't think he thinks much of it in that way, but, it is kind of strange for me.
6. I don't want to do a broad, sweeping statement that I want to be in the best physical condition I've ever been in by the end of this year. I just have to concentrate on how to get there. I was getting there pre-surgery, but, it's been really difficult to keep that up during recuperation.
That's all for now. Off to FB, LJ, and putting away the holidays.
1. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like age-wise, but, I do not feel "old" enough to retire.
2. Even though I don't feel old enough to retire, I am certainly ready for the next stage of my life. I feel as though I've been in a cocoon since about age six and am just now ready to be the butterfly I was meant to be. I've been ultra successful at my work, but, my work has NEVER felt like home. I'm looking to find my home.
3. Travel is definitely part of the plan. I want to meet the interesting people I've met online in "real life." For the most part, I feel like the people I know virtually know more about that butterfly I am than the people I've known all my life.
4. I miss journaling. I'm more into images than words right now though so I don't anticipate drastic changes in that regard.
5. My SO (haha I just realized his initials are also SO) is significantly younger than I am. I wonder how he feels being married to someone old enough to retire. I don't think he thinks much of it in that way, but, it is kind of strange for me.
6. I don't want to do a broad, sweeping statement that I want to be in the best physical condition I've ever been in by the end of this year. I just have to concentrate on how to get there. I was getting there pre-surgery, but, it's been really difficult to keep that up during recuperation.
That's all for now. Off to FB, LJ, and putting away the holidays.
Comments